Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bye bye Beatrix! With OPI tricolore and wimpel

Koningin Beatrix (bron)

Prince Willem Alexander (bron)

Today is the day of the abdication of the throne by queen Beatrix of The Netherlands. Her son Willem Alexander will be king from this day forward.
To celebrate this last Koninginnedag (Queensday) I created a festive Holland nail art thingy....with 4 OPI colours:

    OPI - Y'all Come Back Ya Hear
    OPI - Red Lights Ahead.....Where?
    OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls 
    OPI - Eurso Euro

The Flag with "wimpel" (bron)

First there was the "wimpel" (banderol) I used OPI Y'all Come Back Ya Hear as a juicy canvas for the tricolore (3 layers).
The flag was made with a dotting tool in the OPI colours Red Lights Ahead Where, My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Eurso Euro (in that order).

The result:
OPI Come Back Y'all
OPI - Come Back Y'all - Red Lights ahead Where? - My Boyfriend Scales Walls - Eurso Euro

OPI Come Back Y'all

OPI Come Back Y'all

OPI Come Back Y'all

OPI Come Back Y'all
I am very pleased with the result, the only thing is that the polish retracted a bit from the edge of the nail....a very Seche Vite thing to do for my Poshé topcoat......
The jellyness of the orange gives a nice little contrast with the creme dots.
Well; happy happy, joy joy, I'm ready to party!!!!!!!

Thank you Beatrix and welcome Willem 4!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment