Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

China Glaze - Hologlam Collection 2013 - Strap on your Moonboots and OMG a UFO

Today I'll give you the two other Hologlam polishes that I have bought: Strap on your Moonboots and OMG a UFO.
I loved the dark and somewhat odd colours in this collection, the pastel ones I have seen a thousand times so I let them pass.

First up is Strap on your Moonboots (2 layers):
China Glaze Strap on your Moonboots
China Glaze - Strap on your Moonboots

China Glaze Strap on your Moonboots
In diffused light

China Glaze Strap on your Moonboots
In halogen light

China Glaze Strap on your Moonboots
SOYM is a lovely murky darkish blue with a hint of purple but it has a hint of green as well......strange I know! The holographic effect is a bit less then in When Stars Collide, but just a tiny bit.

OMG a UFO (love that name) is an olive green, and this one is a bit iffy. The holo effect does not come out to play as easily as the other two and the application was a bit difficult: it caused bald spots. So application must be in not too thin layers and as little strokes as possible.
The colour was a bit of a let down for me: it could have been slightly more dirty and darker this was just too golden for me (with a frosty finish of the holographic particles).

Here is OMG a UFO (2 layers):
China Glaze OMG a UFO
China Glaze - OMG a UFO

China Glaze OMG a UFO
In diffused light

China Glaze OMG a UFO
In halogen light

China Glaze OMG a UFO

China Glaze OMG a UFO

Conclusion is: I love When Stars Collide best followed by Strap on your Moonboots. OMG a UFO has the best name, yet the colour and consistency are a bit of a let down.
I am considering buying Not in this Galaxy and Infra Red....but I am not sure....all those decisions to make... >sigh<

No comments:

Post a Comment