Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Essie - Strut Your Stuff (Haute in the Heat Collection summer 2014) and comparisson

The weather has turned here in The Netherlands, it's getting colder and the rains have drifted in. I was in need of a bright and intense nail colour and rummaging trough my drawers I found Essies Strut Your Stuff.
Strut Your Stuff is an intense cyan colour with loads of pigment, very fitting for my mood and nicely compensating the weather! This should be the colour of the sky when your are riding around on your bike all day ;-)

Essie Strut Your Stuff
Essie - Strut Your Stuff

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Lovely isn't it?!
The formula was buttery and perfect; two easy layers and you're done.

Then I was thinking "do I have anything similar to this...I would think so?". Well, no dupes in any way and nothing even that was too similar, really.

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Essie Strut Your Stuff

Koh! No Worries has the same intensity but is more blue in tone.
The China Glaze Isle See You Later is very transparent (like water) has the same basic tone of colour but doesn't build up enough at all (this was 7 coats!!!).
Essie I'm Addicted is lighter and more turquoise in tone.
Orly Skinny Dip is close family to I'm Addicted but a distant cousin to Strut Your Stuff.

So no dupes in my stash >phieuw<
Perhaps I'm going to decant some SYS into the China Glaze (since the colour is almost identical) and hope this will improve the buildability of it and make it more wearable.

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful blue...
    one of my favorite shades of blue...
    great comparison!
    kisses
    Eva - Brazil
    www.adegadeesmaltes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eva, thank you very much! >hugs<
      It is a wonderful blue isn't it?!
      Indeed possibly one of the best :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi lovely!
    This polish looks great on you! It reminds me of Zoya Robyn as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) thnx Gra, you're so sweet! I do not own Zoya Robyn......but perhaps I should ;-)

      Delete